01 August 2010

Tostada Time!

tostada_time

Have you heard of the book, The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman?  Any book that over-simplifies love and all that it entails could be trite, but this one often helps to put things in perspective. 

BLOG READER:  What the heck does this have to do with food, oh great blogger of all things yummy?

TREK OR TREATS:  Grasshopp-uh;  you should know by now that kitchen ninjas, such as yourselves, can activate all 5 love languages at once: physical touch, words of affirmation, quality time, acts of service, & receiving gifts.

BLOG READER:  Sensei, you digress.

I have to say that, for me, to create is to show love.  Likewise, when someone creates something especially for me – I feel the love.  From macaroni necklaces fashioned by former students - to this tasty tostada creation assembled for me by my darlin’ – that’s feeling the love right there.  Side note – he is a master of the mise en place.

I’d love to know with what love language you identify! Take this quiz to find out, and feel free to share your findings.

No comments:

Post a Comment