22 February 2011

Baked Oatmeal…oh…my…goodness!

stocking1 337stocking1 334

Approximately ten  years ago, I traveled to Colorado Springs to take a position as the children’s zoo coordinator at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.  However, this entry is not intended to reminisce about my thrilling animal encounters (which I am always happy to share with my third graders…ex: the time I was quilled by a porcupine or bottle-fed baby mountain lions) but specifically related to recreating a tasty treat I first sampled at the bed and breakfast while visiting for the first time.  It is now the Summit House, but was under different ownership at the time.  The point is, this delightful, sweet, and hearty breakfast set me up for success as I endured the hike up the mountain for my tour and interview.  My recipe was loosely interpreted on one found at the Quaker Oats website, but I added apples, currants, walnuts, and a bit of cinnamon to the mixture.  If you’re looking for an alternative to pancakes or peanut-butter toast, this easy recipe should make its way to your table…pronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment