05 June 2011

...and Have Buttered Scones for Tea!

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK
I sleep all night and I work all day
(He's a lumberjack and he's OK
He sleeps all night and he works all day)
I cut down trees, I eat my lunch
I go to the lavat'ry
On Wednesdays I go shopping
And have buttered scones for tea..."



Ah yes, The Lumberjack Song.  We decided to partake in homemade 'buttered scones' this morning in honor of Python's lumberjack.  Ours were of the fresh orange and poppy seed variety, from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food 'zine.  Super easy and the freshly-squeezed OJ added a nice fresh twist to a light and sweet breakfast treat.  I realized, just prior to popping these little lovelies in the oven, that I only had horrible, grey-green sanding sugar (insert sad trombone here!), but luckily the color faded away during the magical baking process.  Yum!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE SCONES!!! You must try Alice's Tea Cup whilst in NYC

    ReplyDelete